Shop & Eat Local - Zucchini Bread Recipe & Video
Posted by Abbey Dasch on
It’s that time of year again - the garden is overflowing with your home-grown zucchinis. You try and keep up with picking, cooking and giving them away to friends but let’s face it there is only so much salads, dips and steamed dinners you can do. We have a sweet solution that will use up some of those zucchinis while also allowing for a versatile base where you can spice it up the way you want! Bread – that’s right! Zucchini bread. This soft and sweet bread can be made using the greens right from your garden!
You know what we love just as much as zucchinis? Shopping and eating local – so we are going to present the best of both worlds by sharing a zucchini bread recipe from Morning Glory Farms and a quick video on how you can dress up your zucchini bread to make it favored by you, your family and friends. Let’s get cooking!
Morning Glory Farms Zucchini Bread Recipe:
This lovely gluten-free zucchini bread can be made with or without eggs, as the recipe contains sufficient leavening and moisture without them. And it’s dairy-free. Its delicate flavor and texture come from a secret ingredient: coconut milk.
Bring all ingredients to room temperature before mixing and don’t bake with cool batter. Pressing out the moisture in the zucchini will prevent the loaf from becoming gummy in the center.
- Non-stick spray for bread pan
- 1 cup grated fresh zucchini
- 2 oz. sorghum flour
- 8 oz. all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1.5 oz. tapioca starch or tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 12 oz. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray loaf pan with pan spray, or line a muffin tin.
- Press the grated zucchini with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. After pressing, fluff with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add brown sugar.
- Add oils, lemon juice, eggs (if using) and coconut milk.
- Beat with a hand-held or stand mixer to combine and continue to beat, on medium high, until the batter is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- By hand, stir in zucchini and nuts (if using).
- Scoop batter into prepared loaf or muffin pan and level the top.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven, rotating after 45 minutes.
- Continue baking until the top is golden brown and firm, yet gives a bit when lightly touched. It should feel slightly springy. This may take an additional 25 to 30 minutes.
Crop notes: Zucchini has a much higher water content when it’s picked fresh at the beginning through the middle of the season. Store-bought or late-season zucchini will have little extra moisture to press out.
Now that you have followed the recipe and succeeded in making your bread – let’s talk about some tasty items that will be a nice compliment and help you enjoy it to the fullest! Tune into the video below to see firsthand the locally made jams, syrups, honeys, coffees and more that will turn that zucchini bread into your favorite food and an all-time crowd favorite! All available for you in-store and online! Enjoy!